In-Person Appointment Protocol
At this time, we are only offering in-person sessions to clients who are in crisis or have clinical needs that prevent them from participating in telehealth sessions by Zoom.
1. If you are feeling sick or have been around someone who is sick, please reschedule your appointment or schedule an appointment through Zoom. It is important for you to take care of yourself first.
2. Prior to entering the building or having an in-person session outdoors, your therapist will ask you these two questions:
a. In the last 72 hours, have you or anyone in your household had any signs or symptoms of fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea?
b. Have you or anyone in your household been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, is suspected of having COVID 19, or been in a high-risk environment (e.g., nursing home, hospital)?
c. If the answer is YES, to any of the questions, you cannot come into the office or have an in-person session. Please schedule a zoom session with your therapist if you feel well enough to do so.
3. We require physical/social distancing for all in-person sessions. You must maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and anyone not within your household.
4. We have masks and gloves available for you to wear if you do not have your own. Please see our face covering policy for more details.
5. For in-office sessions, you must stay in the parking lot when you arrive. At the Long Beach site, a security guard will let you into our gated parking lot. At the San Pedro and Compton sites, please park in the open parking lot. At all sites, please call your therapist once you arrive and he/she will inform you when you can come into the lobby. The therapist will meet you in the lobby and walk you into the therapy room. If you do not have your own transportation, you may enter the lobby and call your therapist from there. Our lobby area is set up to ensure 6-feet of distance.
6. Your therapist will provide hand sanitizer or ask you to wash your hands before session in the restroom. Your therapist will walk you to the exit.
- Maintain the social distance of 6 feet and wear a mask at this time, even for in-office and outdoor field sessions. Only offices that allow for 6-feet of distance are being used for your sessions.
- Your therapist will provide hand sanitizer or ask you to wash your hands in the restroom. Your therapist will walk you to the exit.