The Guidance Center has been leading children and families to a brighter future for more than 70 years. We work closely with families who are committed to giving their children a better life. We are dedicated to helping each child build on his or her own strengths so that they will have a successful and brighter future.
We offer a broad array of services to almost 3,000 under-served children, teens and families. From prevention, to early intervention, to treating more serious chronic illnesses, our services include:
- comprehensive mental health treatment such as individual, group and family therapy, crisis intervention, case management, and community education/outreach
- intensive mental health treatment in Long Beach for children and families who require more than is provided in a traditional clinic setting
- school based services at more than 40 schools within the Long Beach Unified and Paramount School Districts
- smaller clinics in Compton and San Pedro as well as satellite services on Catalina Island, where we are the only service provider available to children
- organized professional training programs in the disciplines of clinical social work, predoctoral psychology and marriage and family therapy
The Guidance Center also works closely with public schools, allied agencies, several county departments (Mental Health, Children and Family Services, Probation, Office of Education, Alcohol and Drug Program Administration), community partners, and other professionals.