What is The Guidance Center?
- We are a nonprofit organization that provides comprehensive mental health treatment to our community’s most disadvantaged children and their families struggling with mental illness and abuse.
- Our vision: a community where all children have the help they need to be healthy and happy
- Founded in 1946 by a group of local public school teachers and counselors
What services does The Guidance Center offer?
- Individual, group and family therapy, crisis intervention, case management, community education/outreach, and intensive mental health treatment for children and families, as well as organized professional training programs
- Click here to see more services we offer.
Does the Center have an internship program?
- Yes. We offer a program for predoctoral psychology interns in community-clinical psychology. Please contact Dawn Vo-Jutabha, Ph.D. at (562) 485-2273 or email@example.com. Click here for more information.
- We offer specialized intern training programs for clinical social workers and marriage and family therapy trainees.
Does the Center produce any publications throughout the year?
- Yes. We have an annual report and annual appeal that are distributed each fiscal year. We also release two newsletters, one during the spring and one during the fall.
Who oversees and manages the Center?
- An experienced team of six professionals make up our Executive Staff, and we have a board of 15 directors with expertise in many different fields.
- The Center is comprised of more than 120 mental health professionals, support staff, administrators and interns.
How is the Center funded?
- We are funded by the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- We also receive funding from individuals, corporations and foundations.
How can I get involved with the Center?
- Explore our Ways to Give section.