What is The Guidance Center?
- We are a nonprofit organization that provides comprehensive mental health treatment to our community’s most disadvantaged children and their families struggling with mental illness and abuse.
- Our vision: a community where all children have the help they need to be healthy and happy
- Founded in 1946 by a group of local public school teachers and counselors
- We serve nearly 3,000 clients each year.
What services does The Guidance Center offer?
- Individual, group and family therapy, crisis intervention, case management, community education/outreach, and intensive mental health treatment for children and families, as well as organized professional training programs
- Click here to see more services we provide.
Does the Center have an internship program?
- Yes. We offer a program for predoctoral psychology interns in community-clinical psychology. Please contact Dawn Vo-Jutabha, Ph.D. at (562) 485-2273 or email@example.com. Click here for more information.
- We offer specialized intern training programs for clinical social workers and marriage and family therapy trainees.
Does the Center produce any publications throughout the year?
- Yes. We have an annual report and annual appeal that are distributed each fiscal year. We also release two newsletters, one during the spring and one during the fall.
- We also have a monthly eNewsletter. Want to be included in the mailing list? Please email Sara Ergen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who oversees and manages the Center?
- An experienced team of six professionals make up our executive staff, and we have a board of 21 directors with expertise in many different fields as well as nine honorary board members.
- The Center is comprised of more than 130 mental health professionals, support staff, administrators and interns.
How is the Center funded?
- We are funded by the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health.
- We also receive funding from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
How can I get involved with the Center?