Message from Our CEO
July 23, 2021
Dear Guidance Center Community,
As we continue to adapt to the ever-evolving COVID-19 pandemic, we are continuing our promise to be a safe place. Currently, we are providing clinical care in person, or remotely, by phone or via Zoom (telehealth). Additionally, all three of our clinic sites are operating with regular business hours (visit our locations page for more information).
We continue to closely monitor the pandemic to ensure the well-being of our clients, their families, our staff, board members and supporters. We are also following all recommendations provided from the City of Long Beach, the County of Los Angeles and the State of California as well as the universal precautions established by the CDC as outlined on the CDC website.
The Guidance Center is committed to being a safe place for everyone. Thank you for your support and understanding.
Patricia Costales, LCSW
Please see our COVID-19 Procedures below
1. If you are feeling sick or have been around someone who is sick, please reschedule your appointment or schedule an appointment through Zoom. It is important for you to take care of yourself first.
2. Prior to entering the building or having an in-person session outdoors, your therapist will ask you these two questions:
a. In the last 72 hours, have you or anyone in your household had any signs or symptoms of fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea?
b. Have you or anyone in your household been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, is suspected of having COVID 19, or been in a high-risk environment (e.g., nursing home, hospital)?
c. If the answer is YES, to any of the questions, you cannot come into the office or have an in-person session. Please schedule a zoom session with your therapist if you feel well enough to do so.
3. We have masks and gloves available for you to wear if you do not have your own. Please see our face covering policy for more details.
4. For in-office sessions, if the lobby is full at the clinic you are visiting, please stay in the parking lot after you have checked in for your appointment. At the Long Beach site, a security guard will let you into our gated parking lot. At the San Pedro and Compton sites, please park in the open parking lot. Your therapist will inform you when you can safely enter the lobby. The therapist will meet you in the lobby and walk you into the therapy room.
6. Your therapist will provide hand sanitizer or ask you to wash your hands before session in the restroom. Your therapist will walk you to the exit.
- Please wear a mask at all times for all in-office sessions.
- Your therapist will provide hand sanitizer or ask you to wash your hands in the restroom. Your therapist will walk you to the exit.
We understand that many aspects of your lives have flipped upside down, from children not getting proper education, or a healthy meal, to parents finding themselves filing for unemployment. With all of this in mind, we have created a comprehensive list of resources we hope will help fulfill some of those needs.