Ways to Give
We believe everyone has the right to access mental health treatment. You can help us provide these much needed resources to children and families in various ways.
Adopt-A-Family sign up is now closed. If you missed the chance to adopt but would still like to support this program, you can! Please donate if you’re interested via the form below. Thank you!
For any additional questions regarding holiday giving, please contact Lorraine Lyou: email@example.com or call 562.485.2276
“The Guidance enter cared.” -Gage, 10-year-old client featured in our 2015 annual appeal
You can help lead Gage and our many other children and families to a brighter and more confident future by making a donation to The Guidance Center. Your gift, no matter how big or small, will make a tremendous difference for every child who needs our help!
Hear Gage’s story here.
Have you ever wondered how Play Therapy works? Check out our On-the-Go Kits to see the power of therapeutic play in action. We love how the diverse set of tools, toys, and games in these kits encourage and allow children to voice difficult emotions and prompt healing through creatively confronting real-life conflicts.
How Your Contribution Helps:
- With your gift of $1,000, we can provide one month of intensive treatment for a teen who is struggling with the early onset of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia.
- With your gift of $200, we can provide one hour of treatment for a child with no insurance who is a victim of trauma or abuse.
- Your gift of $100 provides a therapist with play therapy supplies, a critical tool in the treatment and care of young children.
- Your gift of $50 provides a classroom in Long Beach Unified School District with our It’s About T.I.M.E. Calming Toolkit filled with sensory regulating items proven to help students with trauma de-stress and learn.
- Your gift of $25 helps provide a healthy after school snack for children who would otherwise go hungry.
There are many ways to give:
Donate by Mail
If you prefer to mail your donation, please complete our donation form and mail it to:The Guidance Center
Attn: Development Department
1301 Pine Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90813
Donate by Phone
Call 562.485.2276 to donate over the phone with your credit card.
Donate In-Kind Items
Donate toys, books, or clothes or other in-kind goods or services.
view our wish list
Include The Guidance Center in your estate plans
For more information, please contact Lorraine Lyou, Chief Development Officer, at 562.485.2276, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.